The ISSWSH Virtual Course: Fundamentals in Women's Sexual Health is still open for registration to access the content on-demand! Complete your registration here.
There are a great many clinicians interested in treating women with sexual health concerns, but lacking the knowledge to do so. The ISSWSH Fall Course provides an evidence-based foundation upon which to incorporate this ability into practice, such as:
- How a medical, sexual and psychological history should be taken in women with sexual health problems.
- How tests for endocrinologic, neurologic and vasculogenic pathophysiologies should be obtained in women with sexual health problems.
- What relevant anatomic, physiologic and pathophysiologic information should be used to educate the woman with sexual health concerns.
- What validated questionnaires are helpful in the screening and diagnostic process.
- What sex therapy and physical therapy, as well as medical and surgical strategies, are useful in the management of women with sexual health disorders.
Sexual Pain Course:
Designed for healthcare providers across disciplines to address the important and common concerns expressed by women regarding sexual pain, ISSWSH launches a dedicated course on Sexual Pain. This course dives deep into the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of sexual pain in women and aims to give the healthcare provider the tools needed to support patients suffering with vulvovaginal and pelvic pain. This course will address the conditions and treatments for:
- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (GSM)
- Interstitial Cystitis/Urethritis
- Vulvovaginal and Vulvar Dermatoses
- Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder (PGAD)
- Conception Pregnancy/Post-Partum Pain
- Recurrent/Resistant Vaginitis
- Endometriosis and other Gynecological Causes of Pelvic Pain